Saturday, May 12, 2012

Nook Tablet: I LOVE YOU

Where to begin, there are so many cool things out there!  But the coolest to personally land in my own two hands is the Nook Tablet.  I am soooo incredibly psyched about this little toy!  Jason, my hubby, bought one for me for my birthday.  The man knows me.  True, I've only had it for two days, but so far I can't put it down.

I LOVE to read.  I love romance novels.  Science Fiction.  Spy Thriller.  Time Travel.  If there is no plausible way it could happen in real life, I totally eat it up.   I can feed my thirst for reading very easily on this cool little nook.  The first night it arrived from FedEx I downloaded 27 free books.  Say good bye to $17.00 late fees at the library.    Now I can check books out from the library through my nook, and it automatically checks the books back in for me.  OK, I still have to pay that $17.00 bill, but after it's paid off look out world!  No more physical library visits for me.  100% virtual! By the way, for those of you in TN, the link to your local library digital collection can be found here.  You still have to use your library card to check out, but Happy eReading.

There are some great features for kids on this tablet too.  We spent about a half hour going over an interactive 17 page Marvel Comic book: Marvel Avengers: Iron Man.  The kids made the bad guys shoot at Iron Man and helped Iron Man suit up.  Loved it!


Then our one year old played an app called Fly Bird Fly.  You are supposed to keep tapping the bird so he doesn't touch the ground.  Kind of like that paddle ball toy where you keep whacking the rubber ball that is attached to a paddle via a rubber band.  It is a bright orange bird.  Alex loved this game.   He wasn't able to keep it in the air, but he had fun chasing it around the screen with his finger.

Still a lot more to explore on this little device, but what more can I say?  Magazine subscriptions, instant access to new books, cool apps that EVERY ONE can play, access to email, SUDOKU.  The list goes on and on.  This little device will keep us all entertained for quite some time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment