Tuesday, June 12, 2012

GMail +1

Here is a neat feature in GMail that I just found out about.  If you add +1 to the end of your email address, before the @gmail.com, then it will still go to your original gmail account.  Lets say for example I have awesome@gmail.com.  I can also use awesome+1@gmail.com, awesome+2@gmail.com, awesome+3@gamil.com etc.  and any replys would go to awesome@gmail.com.  I'm trying to figure out practical applications of use for this.  So far all I'm coming up with is contest applications because usually website or contest that you are signing up for will see each new addition as a unique email account.  You'd still get the spam though.  Something to ponder.  If you think of a good use for this feature let me know!  :)

5 comments:

  1. We use it for creating student email addresses for our elementary students since they are not old enough to have an email address.

    ReplyDelete

  2. I cant believe I found this giveaway for google just now: http://www.steamwalletgifts.com - you get free steam wallet gift card ($50/$100!/$150 !! (etxaRFbe2l)

    ReplyDelete

  3. I cant believe I found this giveaway for google just now: http://www.steamwalletgifts.com - you get free steam wallet gift card ($50/$100!/$150 !! (etxaRFbe2l)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Therefore, it is always advisable to review the software first, then only make the decision. Other than that third party software should always be the last option, if everything fails, then only one should go for it.gmail support

    ReplyDelete
  5. Address the specialized group of Gmail and they will help you to meet the a large portion of your Gmail account. Gmail Tech bolster group likewise needs the clients to utilize their Gmail account in an interruption free way. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-importance-of-online-gmail-support-services-in_us_57ef511ae4b0972364deb40b

    ReplyDelete