Thursday, August 29, 2013

Little Free Library

I LOVE to read.  It is my absolute favorite past time.  I'm not a scholar.  I don't read Tolstoy or Homer.  But I do love to get lost in a good story.  I came across this project the other day and thought it was a great idea to share the love of reading.  The program is called Little Free Library.  You build (or buy) and set up a weather resistant box in a common area and leave some books there.  The idea is other people will take a book that interests them, and leave a book they have already read.  Great idea for sharing literature.


Here is the Mission statement for Little Free Library:

  • To promote literacy and the love of reading by building free book exchanges worldwide.
  • To build a sense of community as we share skills, creativity and wisdom across generations. 


No comments:

Post a Comment