Tuesday, January 15, 2013

My Fitness Pal

It's a new year, so I'm on a fitness kick.  Trying to lose weight and get fit. I started looking for a way to track calorie count on my cell phone.  The app that I found that I like the most is My Fitness Pal.   It is very user friendly and best of all it's free.  Yep.  FREE!

If you use your phone there is a feature that allows you to scan the bar code of foods you eat to track the nutrition information.  It also has a quick calorie entry, which can come in handy.   I used it when I made some home made enchilada soup.  I found the recipe on line.  The website listed nutrition information, but I didn't want to take the time to add the info into my account.  So I just added the calorie count.

Programs that track your daily calorie consumption are really helpful.  Once I started writing down everything that I ate during the day it rally surprised me how many calories I was consuming on a daily basis. It made me start evaluating everything I put in my mouth.  It also affected my trip to the grocery store.  I started looking at the labels of items before putting them in the cart.  It blew me away how much sodium and fat I was consuming.  Little wonder I am carrying around the extra weight.  Typing in everything makes you aware and feel more accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment