Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Check Your Credit Score For FREE!

I think everyone knows about www.annualcreditreport.com by now. Once a year you can check your credit report from all 3 credit reporting bureaus for free.

I myself did this about 5 or 6 months ago, right around tax time when I was going to pay off some negative credit with tax return money.

Yesterday I stopped at my local bank to see about getting a signature loan.   The loan officer told me that they can usually work with people as long as they have a minimum credit score of 680.  He also gave me a great website to go check myself so he wouldn't ding my credit score.  I thought there HAD to be another company that offered credit reporting information and wouldn't you know it, there is!

The site he gave me was quizzle.com.  Not only can you check your credit report, but it will also give you your credit score.  For FREE.  What's the catch? Well of course they want you to buy something.  They offer services/software to help get your finances in line, monitor your credit and protect yourself from Identity Theft.  BUT if all you want is your credit information, you can get that with out giving them your SS# OR credit card number.

Logo from Quizzle site Sept 2012

This site is offered by the same people who came up with Quick Books, and Quicken.  So it's not a fly by night, steal your information kind of company.

One of the great things about this is that you can check your credit score before you apply for a loan.  If you see your credit score is too low, work on fixing your negative credit, and THEN apply for a loan.

No comments:

Post a Comment